A Complete Guide on How to Fix Roku Error Code 014.40
Roku is a popular online streaming media player that allows its users to stream amazing content available on popular platforms like Netflix, Hulu, NFL, Amazon Prime, and more.
Roku is a physical console that connects with a device through an ethernet connection so that you can enjoy streaming without any issue.
Moreover, the Roku media players come with in-built media processors. You can also stream 4k videos in the latest Roku consoles so that makes your overall streaming experience even better.
Having said that, many Roku users complain about experiencing Roku error 014.40. There are multiple reasons why you may come across this error.
In this blog, we have discussed in detail how to fix Roku error code 014.40. But, if you are new and do not have enough technical knowledge then we recommend getting in touch with the Roku support team for help.
What are the Reasons for Roku Error Code 014.40?
Many users complain about experiencing Roku error 014.40. There are multiple reasons why you may come across such an issue while using the Roku. Some of these are mentioned here.
- In many cases, the error 014.40 is observed if you have entered an incorrect username and password while trying to connect to the internet.
- If the Mac filtering option for Roku is turned on then there are chances that Mac id for Roku has been banned.
- Cache data of the TV, router, and Roku is stored to decrease the loading time so that the user can get a better experience. However, with time the cache data may get corrupted and result in Roku error.
These are some of the most common reasons for the Roku error 014.40.
You surely need to resolve the problem by following the basic troubleshooting solutions. Here we have discussed in detail how to fix Roku error code 014.40.
How to Fix Roku Error Code 014.40? | Problem Solved
Roku error 014.40 is one of the most common errors and most of the Roku users come across this error at some point in time. However, you can easily fix it by following the basic troubleshooting guideline.
Here are some of the solutions that you can try to fix the Roku 014.40 error. But, if you re having any trouble while following these steps make sure to contact the Roku support team for more information and technical assistance.
Power Cycle the Devices
In many cases, power cycling the devices can help in resolving the Roku 014.40 error. Here are the steps that you need to follow.
- Turn off the Roku and unplug it.
- Also, turn off the internet and unplug it.
- Press and hold the power button of Roku and the router for more than a minute.
- Plugin both the devices.
- Turn on the devices and check if the problem is fixed or not.
Try Reinitializing the Network Settings
Many times reinitializing the network settings can help in fixing the issues like Roku error code 014.40. Here are the steps that you need to follow.
- Use the Roku remote for navigating and open the settings menu.
- Select the system and then click on advanced system settings.
- Then choose network connection reset. And select ok to confirm.
- To start the reset process enter the code that is visible on the screen.
- Now, follow the instructions on the screen and the network configurations will reset.
- When the restart starts you will be prompted to connect to the network.
- Depending on the network you are trying to connect select a wired or wireless option.
- From the list of networks choose the wifi you want to connect to.
- Now, enter the password for the wifi connection.
- Wait until the network connects with Roku and check if the issue is fixed.
In this blog, we have covered in detail the steps that you need to take to resolve Roku error code 014.40. But, sometimes the issue may not be solved because you require technical assistance.
In such a scenario, get in touch with the Roku technicians. The Roku experts will guide you on how to fix Roku error code 014.40 so that you can enjoy streaming your favorite TV shows, movies, and much more back again.
Roku Help & Support
- Prime video not working on Roku | Prime Video
- Sony Crackle Com Activate on Roku | Crackle.com/activate
- Roku App Not Working | Roku App Troubleshooting
- Roku Stick No Signal HDMI Fix Now 2020
- How to Fix Roku error code rge-1001
- How to Fix Roku error code 005
- How to Fix Roku error code 001
- How to Fix Roku error code 018
- How to Fix Roku error code 017
- How to Fix Roku error code 013
- How to Fix Roku error code 016
- How to Fix Roku error code 014.30
- How to Fix Roku Error Code 014.40
- How to Fix Roku error code 006
- How to Fix Roku error code 011
- How to Fix Roku error code 009
- How to Fix Roku error code 020: HDCP Error
- How to Fix Roku error code 003
- How to Fix Roku remote not working
- How to Fix Roku error code 014.50