How to Fix Roku Error Code 016? | Problem Solved
Roku is an amazing streaming media player that allows you to stream content available on different video channels. Whether you want to stream the latest movie or want to watch your all-time favorite TV show Roku is a perfect choice for all.
Though, Roku is known as one of the most popular streaming players out there many times users may come across issues while using it. One such error is Roku 016 that most of the users complain about.
Several reasons may result in the Roku error 016 so do not worry about it. Here we have discussed in detail so that you get your answer for how to fix Roku error code 016.
But, if you are using the Roku media player for the first time or do not have enough technical knowledge then we recommend getting in touch with the Roku support team for help.
What are the reasons for Roku Error Code 016?
Well, there are multiple reasons why you may come across error code 016 while using the Roku. However, here we have discussed in detail some of the most common ones.
- To stream HD and 4k videos on Roku, the device must be connected to a stable network connection. But, if the network the Roku is connected to is unstable and is congested then it may result in the Roku error 016.
- If the error occurs when you are trying to stream a particular channel then the issue is certainly not with the internet. This means that the problem is from channels end/
- The stored cache data of the router and Roku device allows users to improve there experience by decreasing the loading time. However, many times the cache data may get corrupted and it can result in errors like Roku 016.
How to Fix Roku Error Code 014.30? | Troubleshooting Solutions
These are some of the most common reasons why you may come across the Roku 016 error. Now, that you know the reasons that may result in this error we are going to discuss in detail the solutions that you can follow to resolve the problem.
Restart the Router
Often a quick restart is all you need to resolve the most common problem in the Roku. If the cache data is corrupted then it can help in resolving the problem like Roku error code 016. Here are the steps that you need to follow.
- Take out the plug of the Router, Tv, and the device.
- Now press the power button for 30 seconds.
- Plugin the power cable of all the devices.
- Now, turn on all of the devices.
- Wait for a minute and check if the issue is fixed or not.
Try Setting a New Connection
If the username and the password of the network have not been registered correctly then it can result in Roku 016 error code. So, how to fix error code 016 in such a situation. Here are the steps to follow.
- Use the Roku remote to press the home button.
- Then select the network option.
- Here chose to set up a new connection option.
- Under this choose the wireless option.
- Choose the network to which you want to connect the Roku device. And enter the password for connecting to the network.
- It may take a few minutes for the connection to set up.
- Now, check if the issue is resolved or not.
The Roku 016 error usually occurs because of an issue with the internet connection or blockage from Roku’s end. So, if you are facing a similar problem even after following the solutions mentioned above.
Then we recommend getting in touch with the Roku support team to help you find a solution for how to fix Roku error code 016 immediately.
Roku Help & Support
- Prime video not working on Roku | Prime Video
- Sony Crackle Com Activate on Roku | Crackle.com/activate
- Roku App Not Working | Roku App Troubleshooting
- Roku Stick No Signal HDMI Fix Now 2020
- How to Fix Roku error code rge-1001
- How to Fix Roku error code 005
- How to Fix Roku error code 001
- How to Fix Roku error code 018
- How to Fix Roku error code 017
- How to Fix Roku error code 013
- How to Fix Roku error code 016
- How to Fix Roku error code 014.30
- How to Fix Roku Error Code 014.40
- How to Fix Roku error code 006
- How to Fix Roku error code 011
- How to Fix Roku error code 009
- How to Fix Roku error code 020: HDCP Error
- How to Fix Roku error code 003
- How to Fix Roku remote not working
- How to Fix Roku error code 014.50