An Ultimate Guide on How to Fix Roku Error Code 018
Roku is an amazing device that is a must during the lockdown. Not only it helps you entertain your souls but is a perfect way to pass time. Roku device allows you to stream the content available on different streaming channels without any issues.
However, many users complain about coming across errors now and then while using the Roku media player. If you are one of them then do not worry as it is a common issue that many users come across and can be easily fixed on your own as well.
In this blog, we have covered in detail the answer to how to fix Roku error code 018.
However, if you are not a tech-savvy person and are stuck in between then rather than continuing yourself we recommend getting in touch with the Roku support team for help.
What is Roku Error Code 018? | A Complete Solution
Roku media players stream the content available on some of the most popular on-demand streaming services like Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime, and more. So, for the Roku to work properly it must be connected to a stable network connection.
There are many reasons why you may come across this issue but you need to make sure that there is a proper internet connection.
What do you mean by Roku Error Code 018?
Without having a stable network connection Roku device won’t work properly. So, if you are seeing Roku error 018 then most likely the issue is with the internet.
So, if you are thinking of how to fix Roku error code 018 then you have come to the right place. If you check the router and follow the solutions mentioned below you can easily fix the problem.
Here are the steps that you need to follow to resolve Roku error code 018:
- As mentioned earlier in this blog the Roku error 018 occurs if there is a problem with the internet connection. So, the first thing you need to be doing is to check the internet connection. Go to the network settings and see if the Roku is connected to the network or not.
- Make sure to check the signal strength of the network. If the speed of the network is slow then you are likely to face network related issues. Try connecting another device with the network and see if the speed is ok.
- Also, disconnect other devices that are connected to the same network to improve the strength of the signal. Besides, also try placing the router closer to the Roku media player where there are fewer obstructions.
- Check the compatibility of the Roku device with the internet connection.
- Go to the settings menu and then choose the restart option. Make sure to enter the correct password while trying to connect to the network.
- If the Roku error code 018 is still unresolved then you need to connect the Roku with the router using an ethernet cable connection. Then restart the Roku and the router and check if the error is resolved or not.
- In case the error is not resolved then you may have to reset the devices. However, this shall always be considered as a last resort.
So, these are quick and easy steps that you need to follow to fix the Roku error code 018. Since the error is related to internet issues, the troubleshooting solutions revolve around this cause.
However, sometimes you may find it a bit difficult to resolve the problem. In such a scenario, we always recommend getting in touch with the Roku technical support team for help and assistance.
They experts will guide you to resolve how to fix Roku error code 018 immediately.
Roku Help & Support
- Prime video not working on Roku | Prime Video
- Sony Crackle Com Activate on Roku | Crackle.com/activate
- Roku App Not Working | Roku App Troubleshooting
- Roku Stick No Signal HDMI Fix Now 2020
- How to Fix Roku error code rge-1001
- How to Fix Roku error code 005
- How to Fix Roku error code 001
- How to Fix Roku error code 018
- How to Fix Roku error code 017
- How to Fix Roku error code 013
- How to Fix Roku error code 016
- How to Fix Roku error code 014.30
- How to Fix Roku Error Code 014.40
- How to Fix Roku error code 006
- How to Fix Roku error code 011
- How to Fix Roku error code 009
- How to Fix Roku error code 020: HDCP Error
- How to Fix Roku error code 003
- How to Fix Roku remote not working
- How to Fix Roku error code 014.50