The Most Effective Solutions to Resolve Roku Remote is not Working Problem in 2020
Roku is a popular streaming media player that allows its users to stream some of the most popular content available online. Roku is affordable and provides one of the best user interfaces for medial players.
However, many times Roku users may come across problems while using the media player because of numerous reasons. It is quite common to experience Roku errors while using the Roku, so do not worry at all.
One of the most common reasons why you may come across Roku issues is because of the remote. Most of the users complain about experiencing problems like the Roku remote stopped working.
If you are one of them then do not worry as it can be easily fixed if you follow our guidelines.
However, if you are new and are facing this issue for the first time or are stuck in between the steps. Then it is best to seek help from the professionals. Get in touch with the Roku support team for help and assistance.
What you need to know about Roku Remote Stopped working?
First of all, you need to understand unlike traditional remotes, Roku remotes are either IR or enhanced. These remotes work efficiently provide users with an amazing experience.
However, many times the remote may come across issues and errors which can be easily resolved on your own.
However, Roku issues can be quite frustrating to resolve so if you are running out of time and patience then we recommend getting in touch with the Roku support team for help.
Solutions to Fix Roku Remote not Working Problem
So, if you are trying to fix the problem with the Roku remote then here are some of the solutions that you can try.
Check the Batteries of your Roku Remote
As mentioned earlier, the most common reason for Roku remote is not working is because of battery-related issues. So, the first troubleshooting solutions should be checking is the batteries have drained.
If your remote has been working slowly lately then it is an indicator that the batteries could have drained.
If the batteries are dead then you need to replace them with AA or AAA batteries as per specifications.
Check the Internet Connection
If you have followed the troubleshooting solutions mentioned above but the Roku remote is not working still then the wi-fi connection could be the problem.
Roku remote does not need to have the internet to connect to the Roku but it does need to have a network that is working. So, if the local network is unstable or not working, then the Roku remote will show issues and error.
You can check out the Rokuter’s settings to know what the actual problem is or contact the Rou support team for help.
Check for HDMI Interfernces
Some of the Roku remotes do not work if there are HDMI interferences from the nearby cables. Usually, this problem occurs in Roku devices that are connected using the HDMI cable to the port.
So, to resolve this problem it is recommended to use an HDMI cable extender. There the streaming stick can be placed far away from the HDMI port of the TV.
Pairing Roku Remote
Again, if you are facing any trouble while using the Roku remote then you can try pairing the Roku remote to fix the issue. It is possible that the remote is not paired with the Roku device and hence it is not working.
Also, system updates, interrupting network, or some bugs can result in unpairing and hence you may see Roku remote is not pairing. So, here are the steps that you need to follow to repair the Roku remote.
- Take out the plug of the Roku from its power.
- Wait for the home page to open up and then plug in the device.
- Search for the pairing button on the Roku remote. Usually, you can find it either in the front of the remote or in the battery compartments.
- Press and hold the button for 10-20 seconds, until you see the lights blinking.
If you are using an older model of Roku then it comes with an IR remote. So make sure to check no obstructions are blocking the remote.
Reset the Roku Remote
If you are still facing an error while using the Roku remote then try to reset the device to fix the Roku remote stopped working issue.
However, resetting the Roku will completely remove the stored data and settings. So, we recommend getting in touch with the Roku technicians for help before performing a reset.
- Take out the batteries from the Roku remote.
- Unplug the Roku device and then go to the Settings and then select System and then click on System Restart.
- Wait for a few seconds and then plug in the Roku device.
- Now, the home screen will open up on the device.
- Insert the batteries in the remote.
- That is it, a reset has been performed. Now check if the Roku remote is working or not.
Use Roku Remote App
If you have tried everything but still the Roke is not in working condition then you need to replace the remote.
Although Roku remote app is not a permanent solution you can use it until you buy a replacement Roku remote. The Roku app can be downloaded and installed for free from the Play Store and App Store.
But, make sure that the device you have installed the Roku app is connected to the same network as Roku. The Roku app can be used as a remote and it also provides additional features.
In this blog, we have covered in detail the solutions that can help you resolve Roku remote is not a working or pairing problem. These are some of the basic solutions that are most likely to help you fix the issue.
However, if the problem is unresolved or you are having any difficulty in accessing the remote then get in touch with the Roku technical support team for help.
The experts will guide and assist you in fixing the problem immediately so that you can enjoy streaming without any hassle.
Roku Help & Support
- Prime video not working on Roku | Prime Video
- Sony Crackle Com Activate on Roku | Crackle.com/activate
- Roku App Not Working | Roku App Troubleshooting
- Roku Stick No Signal HDMI Fix Now 2020
- How to Fix Roku error code rge-1001
- How to Fix Roku error code 005
- How to Fix Roku error code 001
- How to Fix Roku error code 018
- How to Fix Roku error code 017
- How to Fix Roku error code 013
- How to Fix Roku error code 016
- How to Fix Roku error code 014.30
- How to Fix Roku Error Code 014.40
- How to Fix Roku error code 006
- How to Fix Roku error code 011
- How to Fix Roku error code 009
- How to Fix Roku error code 020: HDCP Error
- How to Fix Roku error code 003
- How to Fix Roku remote not working
- How to Fix Roku error code 014.50